Review – G.I. Joe Retaliation
- Cobra Commander looked pretty cool in his helmet with the silver, reflective face mask, and it meant that we couldn’t complain that Joseph Gordon-Levitt didn’t come back.
- We saw Cobra developing HISS tanks, which looked like a fairly believable real world counterpart to the toys of yesterday.
- Cobra had a massively simple yet over complicated world threatening weapon. All that was missing was the weapon to be split into three pieces for teams to track down across the globe and make great after school watching all week long.
- We got a few more fan favourite Joes, Roadblock played by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Flint and Lady Jaye
- This one had a lot more ninjas than the last one…..
- Classic storylines from the comics were introduced, including the Blind Master (RZA), and even Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes teaming up.
- And we got Bruce Willis
- Uhm, they killed off 98% of the G.I. Joes in the trailer!
- and that was only like 30 guys it seemed….I seem to remember a lot more being in the last film
- and they killed them all off in one spot…because apparently there were only like two other guys who weren’t in the same place
- ….so that means they had no backup? Seems poorly planned…. “hey let’s send the entire team out to the desert! Good idea?”
- they sure used a lot of bullets this time around. Now my memory is fuzzy, so I don’t remember if people got shot with bullets in the last one, for some reason I think they used lasers (without frickin sharks). I may be entirely wrong here, and if I am, please comment below and let me know, because I don’t really plan on watching the first one again anytime soon.
Posted on 13-07-30, in 3.5 Star, Movie Reviews and tagged Adrianne Palicki, Bhun Lee, Bruce Willis, Channing Tatum, D.J. Cotrona, Dwayne Johnson, Elodie Yung, G.I. Joe, G.I. Joe Retaliation, Jonathan Pryce, Ray Park, Ray Stevenson, RZA, The Rock. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.