87th Annual Academy Awards – preamble and predictions
Tonight, Hollywood is centre stage as we learn who “the Oscar goes to…” in the 87th annual Academy Awards. Last night Hollywood was more towards the back of the crowd, as we learned who won the Golden Raspberry Awards, or the Razzies.
“Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas” – WINNER
Michael Bay, “Transformers 4: Age of Extinction” – WINNER
Kirk Cameron, “Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas” – WINNER
Worst Supporting Actor
Kelsey Grammer, “Expendables 3,” “Legends of Oz,” “Think Like a Man Too,” “Transformers 4: Age of Extinction” – WINNER
Cameron Diaz, “The Other Woman” and “Sex Tape” – WINNER
Worst Supporting Actress
Megan Fox, “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” – WINNER
“Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas,” written by Darren Doane and Cheston Hervey – WINNER
Worst Remake, Sequel, or Rip-off
“Annie” – WINNER
Worst Screen Combo
Kirk Cameron and his ego, “Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas” – WINNER
Ben Affleck: From Razzie “Winner” for “Gigli” to Oscar darling for “Argo” and “Gone Girl” – WINNER
Tonight, we have the Oscars though, and I’m hard pressed to defend my Oscar Pool championship. 2013: 21/24, 2014: 22/24… Oh dear. This year is a difficult one, as many of the races seem too close to call. Do I pick with my head or my heart?
- I want Michael Keaton to win, but I think Eddie Redmayne will.
- Is Boyhood nominated only because of the twelve year “gimmick” behind it’s shooting? I have to say, it doesn’t deserve best editing. You had more than a decade to edit it! It better have been edited perfectly!
- Will Birdman get best picture? (I hope so), but it could go to Theory of Everything which will likely have the best actor
My “Other” Predictions
Neil Patrick Harris is hosting the awards this year, after a very good outing from Ellen DeGeneres last year. Of course we’re all watching for different reasons, to see the winners, to have water cooler conversations tomorrow, to see the outfits, to laugh and to remember. Other than picking the winners, it’s become extremely popular to make “other” bets during the show, so here are mine:
- Neil Patrick Harris will make a Doogie Howser MD joke before a Barney Stinson/How I Met Your Mother Joke
- The In Memorium piece will forget to feature someone
- Someone will mention the yellow m&m, maybe even J.K. Simmons in his Best Supporting Actor acceptance speech
- Cumberbatch will be forbidden from photo-bombing…hopefully not
- There will be a joke about Meryl Streep’s nominations
- If Tarnatino’s there, his tie won’t be done up properly.
I’m almost set for the show to start, enjoy the Oscars everyone.
Posted on 15-02-22, in Movie Reviews and tagged Academy Award, Ellen DeGeneres, Golden Raspberry Awards, Kirk Cameron, Neil Patrick Harris, Oscars, Razzies, Saving Christmas. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.